Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day at Payson Lakes

I've been wanting to get a canoe lately (I know, kind of weird), but I have such good memories of canoeing when I was little and at girls camp.  I want my kids to have that kind of fun.  So we packed everybody up, stopped at Subway and headed up to Payson Lakes to check it out and see if we would really want a canoe.  Jackson was positive it was going to be stupid and boring, and Abby complained that it was too far away (40 minutes), but Krew was just happy to be out of the house.  As you can see, it was not stupid and boring!  The kids had a blast and threw and skipped rocks for two solid hours!!  As we were getting ready to leave, a nice family asked us if we wanted to take their canoe out, so Darren took all the big kids for a ride (I of course stayed with Paisley).  They loved it!  It's so pretty up there.  Now we know we definitely need to get a canoe!
Yes, that is snow in the background!

(I can't figure out how to take out the underline, and why is it blue?)








4 comments:

Tonya Mae Wilson said...

Nice! Canoe it up!!! It's funny what our nostalgic memories are from our childhood.

Brian & I are going to Oregon for our 4th anniversary and we are going to run the river up there since that was one of my favorite things I did as a kid and want to do it again!!

Grandma B said...

How fun! It reminds me of when we'd take the family and go camping. Every time I smell that fresh mountain air I think we need to that!!

Angie Stewart Black said...

How fun to get a canoe? I can honestly say I have never been in one but how fun to start a family tradition. You will have to take us sometime! Oh yes, check out my blog, I put some pics of the baby girl! You'll have to show Darren. See you guys soon....

borchertfam said...

YAY I am so glad you have a blog, now I can stalk you. J/K. Your family is sooo freakin cute!! I cant believe how big Paisley is. Its seems like it was just a few months ago you were pregnant and kicking my butt running up the temple hill!! I still am amazed at how awesome you did. I'm thinking that I may be lucky to be walking by the time I am 40 weeks Prego!