Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bingham Canyon Copper Mine


We were bored Saturday and decided to go out to the Bingham Canyon Copper Mine.  It was fun and best of all...cheap!  I was surprised at how much fun our kids had, they were amazed at the huge trucks, well, we all were.  If you haven't been there, I recommend it.
Standing in front of the tire they use on the huge dump trucks!  12ft 6in tall!  Each tire costs $25,000! And each truck has 6 tires.  Holy Cow!  Oh, by the way, Jackson's friend Logan Herrick is the extra kid in the picture.
Jackson watching the trucks 

Jackson, Abby and Krew


Darren and the kids in front of an old mining loader and car.Darren looks like a superhero ready to take flight!
Reading about all the different minerals found in the rocks mined there.  They were fascinated!

2 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

I still can't believe how grown up all your kids look. I am in awe!! Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Jayden would think it was the coolest place ever!!

Brian Wilson said...

I need to put a set of those 12' tires on my car! Then I could drive around St. George without feeling like I'm risking death! I swear people drive with their flippin eyes closed.

I love your hair color! SO PRETTY!